Dear RCS Families and Staff,
On Tuesday evening the RCS Board of Trustees approved an adjustment to our Opening of School Plan. The change involves a new system for determining if masks/face covering will be required. From this point forward masks/face coverings will required if the following data points are met:
- If a building/corporation reaches 5% of students positive then we would do a mask mandate for that building or corporation for a minimum of two weeks.
- If a building/corporation reaches 20% of students positive, we would look at closure or e-learning for that building/corporation.
- 7 Day County positivity rate >/= 10% - Mandatory Masking in buildings for a minimum of two weeks.
- 7 Day County positivity rate >/= 20% - Possible School Closure/E-Learning
At this time we do not meet any of the above metrics, therefore masks/face coverings are now recommended but not required.
Please note the following:
- This is subject to change.
- Other factors such as staffing could impact operations.
- This will be reviewed weekly.
- Students and Staff who are symptomatic, or waiting on test results should stay home from school.
- We will follow the Control Measures for contact tracing set by the Indiana Department of Health. Those who are identified as close contacts through contact tracing will be notified and could be subject to quarantine.
- The federal bus mandate for masks on buses is still in place.
- There are 3 ways that one can be exempt from quarantine:
- Be fully vaccinated
- If tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days
- When a mask is being worn during the school day by the individual deemed in close contact.
We are trying to keep our students and staff safe and healthy while keeping schools open and as normal as possible. Your continued cooperation and patience is greatly appreciated.